Monday, May 16, 2011

I've loved and I've lost
I dreamed and I failed
We spun the dreams
On gossamer wings
And neglected essential details
And now that you're gone
And now that we're done
I'm left standing in the rubble
From the castle in the sky
Turns out the clouds are painful, crushing you if you can't fly
Fast and free
You flew without me
And that's the greatest hurt of all
That you just left me there alone
Never a second glance
We screwed up the second chance
The unexpected and unplanned, burning everything I loved
Because that's the way it always ends
With a fire in my soul
Burning
Tearing the yearnings of a young romantic girl
Who is tired of this fight
The endless quest for hope and love
Maybe that forever kind
And they tell me to wait
To be patient and true
"it will happen when it happens"
The damned consolation prize
Life is under scrutiny, can't measure up to size
I'm tired of failing
Weary of flailing
Flailing because of you


(There is a tune to this; very "into the woods"/"wicked"/"Sweeney Todd" sounding)

No comments: