Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Beginnings aren't so bad

Ladies and Germs, I am having a hard time believing that it was only three days ago that I posted last. Probably because I've done about a million things since then, and have a million more to accomplish.

In the past two days at work I have:
  • Interviewed 4 students for a new position (we're only hiring 3)
  • Attended two very good "moving forward" meetings
  • Set up a recurring meeting to make sure that things keep moving forward
  • Printed out and started rehearsing this November's concert music (Handel, I love you more every time I sing something by you)
  • Made some important connections at work
  • Made some people happy
  • Got pwned by Final Cut Pro and a Panasonic camcorder
  • Written some job descriptions
  • Set up more interviews
  • Called like a million people
  • Emailed about 2 million people
In the next two days I will:
  • Learn how to successfully import video from a Panasonic HDC-TM300 into a Final Cut Pro
  • Interview at least 3 more job candidates
  • Hopefully learn how to make magical things happen in Shifts
  • Watch more HIMYM, Buffy and at some point, BBT
  • Sing. A lot. OMG I have missed choir.
  • Find my art supplies
  • Pick out something to wear at a wedding
  • Pick out a gift for the wedding (I'm leaning towards cash, because cash is always well-received)
  • Remind myself that I am not hopeless because I am neither married nor popping out kids like everyone else at home
And then it's the weekend and I have a block party and Peabody on the Road to do. And some painting. And some shelf installing.

Speaking on shelf installing, I think that The Wall in my kitchen may actually be a structural support (it doesn't sound hollow anywhere, at all, when I knock on it). Anyone know anything about installing a shelf into what I think may be solid...something?

No comments: